Our First Green Week

It's finally happened.  After lots of hard days mixed into the good days, we've had an entire great week with Jacob.  If you would've told me this would happen ever, I don't know if I was sure it ever would.  And here we are, less than a year after we met and Jacob had good behavior all week.

Not only is he doing well with his schoolwork - 100% on his spelling test (he even got the bonus words!), he is also being respectful, mostly quiet and not trying to hurt others intentionally.  Not perfect behavior, but being on green (good behavior) isn't easy at the kids' school. The teachers are on it & pretty consistent, so this is a huge deal.

No homework fights. No phone calls home. No move downs. HE GOT A DRESS DOWN DAY!  (This is a HUGE deal for kids who wear uniforms.)  He has not had one all year. 

I'm so happy I could dance.  The hard days have been worth it - even if we don't see a week like this again for a while.  I know he can - he knows he can. I don't need him to be a perfect kid - I am not asking for him to be on green every day at school.  I am just so glad we don't have to follow through with school consequences. Jacob is a great kid & now he gets to reap the benefits - all the electronic privileges, staying up late tonight & getting to have a date with me tomorrow - lucky guy!  Just a breath of fresh air. 

Comments

Popular Posts