The first day of school.

My three 4 year olds went to school today.  All of them. All. Day. Let's just say my nails look adorable & my massage was incredible.  Money well spent today as I celebrated a new season in our lives. 

My kids are awesome. They are smart, fun, hilarious and creative. I enjoy spending everyday with them, but it was time for them to go to school. They craved the structure that I simply can't maintain all year long. I want them to learn that I am not the only one that loves them & thinks talking about poop 24/7 is inappropriate. I sometimes envy the moms out there who choose to homeschool, but our school has shown me their desire to meet our kids where they are and identify what makes each of them unique.

Some of you may be wondering how this is happening already, but our school has started investing in my kids long before the first day of actual school. About a month before school started, we got a phone call from each of our kids' teachers.  They wanted to know when they could come by our home to meet our kids. They wanted to get a tour of their room, meet us and familiarize themselves with what environment the child has grown up in. It is an exciting hour for my kids as they show the teachers the supplies we got for the classroom, the place they live and introduce them to all the people & the pet they love. 
Not only did these teachers take time to love each of my kids, they were intentional about that time. They asked us questions that would help them understand how to love each kid well. 

I was super impressed when one of the kids' teachers followed up after a rough day at school and asked for me to put together a resource of how to love my son well. It actually almost made me tear up at the idea that someone knew I could provide that from them. 

You'd be shocked by the kids that came home from school today. They were excited to do homework, sat through over 30 minutes each of worksheets and settled into bed quickly as they realized they were exhausted.  I understand not every night will go so smoothly, but I do appreciate that my kids are enjoying their school as much as I am enjoying catching up on some rest and time to myself. On top of laundry, cleaning & naps, I have a lot of people I'm excited to encourage, support and help with my extra time. I'm sure I'll keep busy enough. But after a crazy summer, and hard month, I am grateful to the school year & full day K4.

Comments

Popular Posts